Tuesday 1 October 2013

10 Ways to kill a Cupid trivia, spoilers, the old script that it came from...

It's been over two years since I stuck 10 Ways to kill a cupid onto the Kindle and a lot of very nice people have bought and read it. So, I thought I'd do a little blog post about it with a few bits of trivia and also let anyone that wants to read the old script I first wrote and used as a blueprint for the book available...for free.

If you haven't read the book then I suggest that you look away now. There will be spoilers.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Okay, trivia...

1. Leigh's original name was Diane...and then I changed it to Niamh. And then settled on the more unisex name of Leigh...for obvious reasons :D

2. Natalie has always been Natalie, only she didn't have a surname. She was originally named after Natalie Imbruglia but then I stumbled upon Macy Gray's Wikipedia page and I saw that her real name is Natalie McIntyre so I nicked it.

3. The ten presents that Leigh gets Natalie at the end of the first book are - Halo ring, chocolate, new skirt, books, book shelf (Flat pack), diamond earrings, industrial head phones (For thunder), very dark sunglasses (For lightning), a new mobile phone and dinner reservations at a posh restaurant.

4. Natalie originally had a boyfriend in the first draft. His name was Dean. I had to cut him out.

5. I had 6 different endings planned out. These include: Natalie pregnant - baby her soulmate. Leigh wakes up from coma as a girl - Leigh is her friend soulmate. Leigh wakes up from coma as a girl - Leigh is a partner soulmate. Leigh finds Natalie a different person for soulmate.

6. I got the idea for it while watching The Princess Diaries.

7. Karen is named (only in name and not in character) after a nice customer who used to buy fruit and veg from the warehouse that I used to work at. She always used to ask me about my writing.

8. It was supposed to be a standalone. I had no intention of writing the sequel until about a week after I released it on the Kindle. And now there's going to be a third part. And maybe a forth. Maybe.

9. It took me about 10 years to write the first one and 18 months to write the sequel. Hopefully it'll take me 3 weeks to write the third part (yeah, right).

10. Natalie, believe it or not, is about 90% me. So, maybe she has some Asperger qualities too.

And here is the original script - 10 Ways to kill a Cupid 2007 script  It's only available for 7 days. Oh and it's in notepad format so you can read it on your kindle.

.
.
.
.
.

Next book is The Four Gs which I'm half way through writing. I have a very brief synopsis...

After an incident involving the Chav Triplets, a canal and the police, Dominic Barrett is forced to have 12 sessions of therapy with Jo, an San Franciscan who doesn't quite seem to grasp the concept of listening. 

...which I haven't finished yet but hopefully will give you a taster of what it's about.

Again, a huge big thank you to Katie Oliver for beta reading each session for me.

Thanks for reading.

-L



No comments:

Post a Comment